MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate, Junior or Senior status in an accredited college or university, majoring in related fields of study, the ability to contribute a minimum of 16 hours per week, and reliable
Spring Semester Internships: November 1
Summer Semester Internships: March 1
Fall Semester Internships: July 1 to our facility in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. All internships are non-paid, and may be taken only for college credit (academic credit for the internship is required). Arrangements to obtain credit must be made with your Advisor or Internship Coordinator prior to beginning your internship at WTXF. Your Advisor or Internship Coordinator will be required to certify your eligibility for academic credit. Please refer to an Internship Application.
CURRENT INTERN OPPORTUNITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND OBJECTIVES
Philadelphia’s only local entertainment TV show taped live in front of a studio audience!
- Assist with scheduling and confirming studio audience
- Assist with audience and guests during taping
- Assist with daily show set-up and guests
- Participate in meetings to discuss content of upcoming shows
- Assist with promotion of the show
- Assist with social media
- Hours: 8am-4pm Weekdays
- Good Day Philadelphia, Evening and Late Newscasts, Good Day Philadelphia Weekend, Web, Meteorology
- Story research
- Pre-show interviewing
- Maintenance of video tape library
- Assist producer, director and anchors in telecast
- Shifts: Mon-Fri 4AM-12PM (Good Day Philadelphia), Mon-Fri/Weekends 9AM-6PM (Dayside), Mon-Fri/Weekends 2PM-11PM (Nights), Mon-Fri 9AM-6PM (Web), Sat/Sun 6AM-11AM (Good Day Philadelphia Weekend)
- Please specify which shift you prefer on your application
- Schedule and coordinate community outreach appearances with station on-air staff
- Copywriting for FOX 29 community outreach initiatives on website and social media
- Assist in the preparation and on-site coordination of cause-related marketing projects and initiatives
- Assist in public service spot production, including writing and producing PSAs for station projects
- Hours needed: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm; Monday mornings a Must!
- Logging sporting events for highlight selection for air
- Coordinating scripts with producers and talent
- Updating file system of professional, college and high school sporting events
- Assist photographers on remote assignments
- Hours Needed: Mon-Fri 630pm-11pm; Sat and Sun 1pm-11pm (varies based on season)
- Observation/orientation to promotion production
- Non-linear and regular video editing of promos
- Assist with promotional shoots
- Hours needed: Mon-Friday 9am-6pm
FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- Assist with inventory and budgets
- Assist with internship recruitment
- Hours needed: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- Ratings and demographic research
- Assist with sales promotion activities
- Assist salespersons in various aspects of account activity
- Hours needed: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
No less than 16 hours per week at the station. (Some
A statement from the educational institution verifying credit will be awarded upon successful completion of the .
Students applying must be of Junior, Senior or Graduate standing in college. require evening and/or weekend assignments, as noted.)
Professionalism in communication, personal presentation, punctuality and attendance.
Demonstration of initiative, willingness to develop new and useful skills, and enthusiasm in the performance of all tasks.
Knowledge of WTXF-FOX 29 Philadelphia's programming, including, but not limited to Good Day Philadelphia, Fox 29 News, Fox News Channel, Good Day Philadelphia Weekend
Go on a ride-along with a full crew (Reporter & Photographer).
Go on a ride-along with a Photographer.
a shift on the assignment desk answering phones, monitoring police scanners and other sources of news along with Assignment Editors.
Write mock scripts for television newscast under supervision of a Producer.
Sit in Production Control to observe the Producer and Director during a newscast.
Sit in the studio to observe the talent and Engineers during a live newscast.
Practice anchoring and standups under supervision of a photographer or on-air personality.
Solicit advice from talent, managers, producers and all newsroom staff about career goals.
Attend news planning meetings.
Attend promotions meetings.
Assist with guests (primarily for interns on Good Day Philadelphia).
Practice writing stories for www.myfoxphilly.com based off of television newscasts.
Attend workshops and/or panel discussions hosted for interns.
Sit in on a job interview for an intern for the next semester (coordinate with HR).
ATTN: FOX Internship Program
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Interviews will be conducted following the application deadlines.
The following are the dates of our internship program for 2018:
- Spring: January 9 – April 20, 2018
- Summer: May 15 – August 17, 2018
- Fall: September 10 – December 21, 2018
Fall 2017 Interns:
Lauren Kohl, Villanova University
Kylie Clancy, Temple University
Alyssa DiLio, Rowan University
Morgan Allar, West Chester University
Megan DiVenti, Temple University
Cali Arenson, La Salle University
Victoria Lustiv, American Advanced Institute of Technology
Zelanie Nichols-Solomon, Temple University
Kelsi Smith, Temple University
Good Day Philadelphia:
Kate Bullock, Temple University
Damarillis Rodriguez, West Chester University
Khadijah Sabir, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
Danielle Sabulsky, Temple University
Joshua Lex, Temple University
Sean Hewitt, University of Pennsylvania
Nadja Riggs, Stockton University
Jon Dowding, Temple University
Deanna Passaretti, Villanova University
Shakia Singleton, Temple University
Jacara Tucker, Temple University