This position assists FTS personnel with technical support of desktop computers, servers, network, applications, and related technology used to operate the station. Support includes specification, installation, and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established FTS standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with station personnel as well as with other members of the Headquarters IT team to define requirements and deliver against project and support goals.
The position provides group guidance and one-on-one consultancy to end users as required. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network, servers and associated equipment. The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, effective communication and problem solving skills. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and good judgment.
Duties of the Job
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing support of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
- Work with vendors to resolve technical problems as necessary.
- Serve as local point of contact / subject-matter-expert for all cyber security practices.
- Work with others in IT and Engineering as appropriate to determine and resolve problems and/or meeting project objectives.
- Work with numerous hardware, software and network products in a multi-layered distributed computing environment.
- Enforces company policies regarding security, privacy, and data loss prevention.
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated file servers, email servers, Internet, news management, broadcast servers and business systems.
- Orient staff on use of hardware and software as needed.
- Recommends and performs upgrades on systems to ensure reliability, performance and longevity.
- Assist with the procurement of hardware and software.
- Maintain LAN / Wi-Fi infrastructure with general guidance.
- Maintain records, audits trails, and documentation to support policy and procedure and contribute to the general operating efficiency of the job.
- Assist in the ordering and configuration of wireless devices within defined standards.
- Develop procedures and/or processes to manage workload.
- Participate in corporate governance programs as required by policy.
- Manage support and deployment of voice and video UC infrastructure.
In depth technical familiarity on the deployment, support and effective use of standard technologies including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Window 7 and 10. MS Office 2016
- Systems and components for Intel based workstations and laptop computers.
- Windows File Servers (2008 - 2016)
- Backup software (Netbackup, Backup-Exec, etc)
- Network printers, fax machines, scanners, and multi-function-devices.
- Diagnostic tools for PC’s and networks.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP (Cisco Switches and Aruba WiFi)
- DHCP and DNS
- Principles of firewalls.
- Newsroom systems desirable (Grass Valley, BitCentral)
- VOIP based Unified Communications.
- Virus and Malware remediation tools.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Able to prioritize work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Well organized and methodical.
- Show initiative and follow-up to insure successful results.
- Flexible and agile to respond to changes in a dynamic environment.
Click here to apply.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to email@example.com or call (215) 982-5215 or visit our readily accessible station located at 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.