This position assists Fox Television Stations’ (FTS) personnel with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and repair of computer systems and peripherals within established FTS standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with other members of the FTS IT team to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The employee in this position also assists in the maintenance, deployment, and problem solving associated with servers and networking devices at primary office location Philadelphia, as well as secondary work sites in the surrounding area (e.g., Roxborough, Trenton). Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Provide PC technical support to FTS employees. This includes the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop laptop computers, mobile devices and peripheral technology.
- Ensure systems interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems and Active Directory resources.
- Support station’s IT Manager and assist with maintaining station’s servers and network. This includes technical support for the file servers on the primary Active Directory domain.
- Recommend and perform hardware and software upgrades on systems to ensure security, reliability, performance and longevity.
- Ensure system configurations and operations are in compliance with company policies and procedures. Maintain hardware/software inventories for all IT managed technologies.
- Work with support vendors to troubleshoot technical problems on PCs, servers and software
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of technical documents used for planning and support of local servers and networks.
- Deploy new or upgraded technologies as defined in approved projects.
- Assist in information gathering associated with asset management and IT initiatives on an as-needed basis.
Qualifications & Characteristics: 5+ years supporting Windows PCs, Servers. 3+ years supporting a user base >75 people. 2+ years basic IP networking. Able to resolve issues and isolate faults methodically. Able to follow defined procedure and processes. Able to prioritize and adapt to frequently changing business needs. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and logical reasoning. Able to learn quickly. Able to communicate well with operational partners (i.e., convey complex technical concepts, issues &
resolutions to colleagues). BS / BA in Computer Science (or equivalent in experience). OS: MS/Windows Server 2008/2012 and MS Windows 7/10
Hardware Platforms: HP Desktop/Laptop and ProLiant Servers, Cisco Switches. Surface Tablets Applications/Software: MS Office 2016, Malware Bytes, BackupExec, Smart Deploy, PDQ Deploy, Lansweeper and Bitlocker disk encryption. Must have valid drivers' license and clean driving record as day trips to secondary operational locations will be required. Support during non-standard business hours required.
To apply: Click Here
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Please send an email to email@example.com or call (215) 982-5215 or visit our readily accessible station located at 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, and a member of our recruiting team will assist you.