Good Day Drives You Car Giveaway Presented by Mazda
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal residents of Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware residing within the Fox 29 Designated Market Area (as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc.) who are 18 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license, and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTXF and Mazda Motor of America, Inc., a California corporation, d/b/a Mazda North American Operations (“MNAO”) (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per e-mail address per day. The giveaway begins at 12:01 a.m., local time, on May 20, 2016, and all entries must be received by 12:00 noon, local time, on July 14, 2016 (the “Giveaway Period”). There will be weekly drawings during the Giveaway Period. The entry deadline for each weekly drawing is 12:00 noon, local time, each Thursday. Unselected entries will carry over to subsequent drawings during the Giveaway Period
4. To enter, go to the contest page on www.fox29.com, click on the link to the Good Day Drives You Car Giveaway Presented by Mazda, and follow all instructions to complete the online entry form.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WTXF’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. One finalist will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries each Thursday during the Giveaway Period, for a total of (8) finalists. Each finalist must attend the final “Good Day Drives You” event (the “Event”) on July 22, 2016, (date subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion upon reasonable notice), at the Event location chosen by WTXF Fox 29 in its sole discretion in order to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. No proxies or “stand-ins” will be permitted. If a finalist is not present at the Event, he or she will be disqualified. The location of the Event will be available on the Fox29 website one week prior to the event, and each finalist will be notified of the location by email. If a finalist notifies Sponsor that he or she cannot attend the Event on the date and time selected by Sponsor, an alternate will be chosen from among all remaining valid entries if time permits. Any expenses incurred by finalists in attending the Event, are the sole responsibility of the finalists.
Each finalist will randomly select a Mazda car key at the final Good Day Drives You Event. Each key will be assigned to one designated Mazda car on site at the Good Day Event. There will be one car and one key per finalist. If not all finalists are present, the number of keys and cars will be adjusted accordingly. Finalists will attempt to “start” their assigned cars with their key during a live segment on Good Day Philadelphia Morning News. The finalist whose key starts their assigned Mazda car will be the Grand Prize winner. (In the event a technical error occurs and more than one key starts a finalist’s assigned Mazda car, the Grand Prize winner will be determined based on a random selection among the finalists whose keys started their Mazda car.)
The Grand Prize
7. The Grand Prize winner will receive one 2016 Mazda CX-9 with a pre-determined set of standard factory options, color to be selected by Mazda Motor of America, Inc., at its sole discretion (the “Prize Vehicle”). All costs, taxes, and expenses not specified as part of the prize (including, without limitation, sales tax, luxury tax, destination charges, dealer prep, additional equipment, licensing, registration, insurance, title and all other expenses on receipt and use of the Prize Vehicle) are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. MSRP of Prize Vehicle is $42,870. Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses during his/her ownership and operation of the Prize Vehicle including, but not limited to, income, property or use taxes and repair and maintenance costs. Grand Prize winner is responsible for any damage to the Prize Vehicle and any and all liability incurred as a result of or arising from the use of the Prize Vehicle after the Grand Prize winner takes possession of the Prize Vehicle. The Grand Prize winner must acquire an automobile insurance policy as required by law covering the Prize Vehicle prior to taking possession of the grand Prize Vehicle. If the Grand Prize winner cannot provide evidence of insurance within a reasonable amount of time, he/she will be disqualified.
WTXF is not a manufacturer, distributor or dealer of vehicles. WTXF makes no express or implied warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind relative to the Prize Vehicle, including warranties as to condition, merchantability and fitness.
Prize Vehicle delivery by MNAO’s designated dealership is subject to manufacturer/distributer and dealer production and delivery schedules. MNAO will make commercially reasonable efforts to deliver the Prize Vehicle no later than 3 months after the Grand Prize winner is notified by WTXF. Grand Prize winner must show proof of a valid driver’s license, and insurance. Grand Prize winner is responsible for complying with all requirements related to registration, licensing and titling of the Prize Vehicle in the Grand Prize winner’s state. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of and title to the Prize Vehicle at a location designated by MNAO. Neither MNAO nor WTXF is responsible for delivery of the Prize Vehicle to the grand Prize winner’s location.
8. The Grand Prize winner will be notified in person on July 22, 2016. The Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 2 business days after notification or the Grand Prize winner will be disqualified. If the Grand Prize winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, the Grand Prize winner may be disqualified and the Grand Prize forfeited. In such case, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to have the Grand Prize winner sign any additional releases required by MNAO.
9. The Grand prize cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The Grand Prize winner cannot assign or transfer the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. Grand Prize winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value, ownership, and operation of the prizes set forth in these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, income, property or use taxes.
11. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize from Sponsor within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of promotional offers entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of being selected as a weekly finalist depends on number of entries received. After being selected as a finalist, odds of winning the Grand Prize are approximately 1 in 8.
13. Except where prohibited by law, by participating in this giveaway, each entrant grants sponsor unlimited rights and permission to use his/her name, picture and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes, whether utilized in print media, television video, film, radio, internet or otherwise, without his/her prior review or approval, and without compensation.
14. These giveaway rules are available at www.fox29.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTXF, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, through July 22, 2016.
15. For the name of the winner, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after July 22, 2016, but in no event later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: WTXF, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.