2018 WTXF FOX 29 Top Teacher Award Rules
Who Can Enter
1. Nominators must be at least 18 years of age and have lawful access to the method of entry set forth in these rules. Nominees must be teaching professionals, paid or volunteers, in the education field, at least 18 years old, and the nominee’s school must be within the Designated Market Area (as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc.) of television station WTXF. Nominators and Nominees must reside in Pennsylvania or in New Jersey.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTXF (“Sponsor”), The Franklin Institute, AC Moore, the New Jersey Education Association and the Pennsylvania State Education Association and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible to participate as nominators or nominees.
How To Enter
3. No purchase necessary. Individuals may nominate only one candidate. Entries will be accepted starting March 21, 2018, and all entries must be received by Sponsor no later than 12:00 noon on April 27, 2018.
4. To enter, go to Fox29.com follow all required instructions to complete and submit the nomination form online. All submissions must be original and conform to Sponsor’s then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Nominees must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any nominee or remove any entry based on a claim of copyright infringement. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented. All entries and attachments become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to publish the nominations or any portion or edited form thereof. Entries must be submitted in short answer form, typed. Short answers are not to exceed 175 words each. No group nominations will be accepted. Individuals may not nominate themselves.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Ten winners (5 from schools located in Pennsylvania and 5 from schools located in New Jersey) will be selected on or about May 4, 2018. A panel of judges will select the winners based on positive influence on student(s), impact on school, and additional information detailed on entry form. Winners will be announced on or about May 14, 2018, during a WTXF newscast, subject to pre-emption, time limits, or rescheduling as determined by Sponsor.
7. Each winner will receive a FOX 29 Top Teacher Award, and 10 tickets to the Teacher’s Ball hosted by the Franklin Institute on Thursday, May 17, 2018, and a $100 gift card to AC Moore. Total retail value of winners’ prize package is $500 each. Prizes are provided by The Franklin Institute and AC Moore.
8. The winners will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about May 4, 2018. Winners will be required to sign and return a Certificate of Eligibility and Release in order to receive the FOX 29 Top Teacher Award prizes within 7 days of notification or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, or does not return the Certification of Eligibility and Release within the designated time period, the prize will be awarded to the next runner up as determined by the judges if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits. Alternate winners must sign and return a Certificate of Eligibility and Release within the time frame communicated by Sponsor.
9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. The winners cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. Winners are responsible for all federal, state, county and local taxes that apply. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
11. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the discretion of the judges.
12. These rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTXF-TV 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 and at fox29.com through May 30, 2018.
13. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WTXF-TV 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19106.