THANK Q SILVER BIRCHES RESORT CONTEST RULES
Who Can Enter
1. Nominators and nominees must be legal Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware residents who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTXF, and Silver Birches Resort (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. The contest begins at or about 4:00 a.m., local time, on March 13, 2016, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., local time, on April 9, 2017.
4. To nominate someone, log on to www.fox29.com/the-q and click on the “Thank Q” cube. Fill in the information requested, including the name and contact information for the nominee and an essay (of up to 400 words) about how the nominee has contributed to his or her community and/or has positively influenced others. Essays over 400 words will be disqualified.
5. All submissions must be original and conform to Sponsor’s then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain profanity, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Nominators must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any nominator or remove any entry based on any actual or potential legal claim(s), in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other contest information by Sponsor or nominators for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any nominator’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WTXF’s contest records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN NOMINATOR TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH NOMINATOR TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. Facts set forth in submission entries are subject to verification, and nominees are subject to background checks, all at Sponsor’s discretion. Nominees and/or other individuals or organizations may be contacted by Sponsor during this process. The results and conclusions of any vetting process made by Sponsor shall be final.
8. One nominee will be selected as the winner by WTXF on or about April 10, 2017 based on the submission essay as well as the result of Sponsor’s vetting process, if any.
9. The winner will receive a weekend stay in a Lakeview Cottage at Silver Birches Resort in the Pocono Mountains, as well as an outing to Malibu Dude Ranch for 2 people to experience one of the following activities: quad riding, snowmobiles or horseback riding. The hotel stay includes double-occupancy hotel accommodations for 2 people for 2 weekend nights at Silver Birches Resort. Winner may be required to sign a release by prize provider to participate in activities. Expires May 31, 2017. Not valid during holiday rates. Cannot be combined with other offers or used with preexisting reservations. Advanced reservations only. The winner is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, transportation, taxes and surcharges. The winner may be required to submit a credit card to the hotel at the time of check-in to cover incidentals. Hotel dates subject to availability and stay must be completed by December 31, 2017. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. The approximate retail value of the prize is $620. The prize is provided by Silver Birches Resort.
10. The winner will be notified on or about April 11, 2017, and must respond within 7 days of notification and agree to appear and receive the prize on “The Q” show on a weekday to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In addition, the winner will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release within the time period communicated by Sponsor. If a winner fails to meet any of the foregoing deadlines, that winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select an alternate winner in the manner set forth in these rules if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
11. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
12. The winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
13. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize from Sponsor within a 30-day period regardless of the number of contests entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
14. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
15. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission for Sponsor to use nominators and winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
16. These contest rules are available at www.fox29.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTXF-TV 330 Market St. Philadelphia PA 19106 through May 9, 2017.
17. For the name of the prize winner, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after April 11, 2017, but in no event later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: WTXF-TV Attn: Sales Department 330 Market St. Philadelphia, PA 19106.
18. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.