Good Day Atlanta reached out to metro Atlanta pie expert Sabrina Crossley from "The Pie Hole" in Roswell for a step by step walkthrough on how to prepare and bake the perfect sweet potato pie for Thanksgiving.
Sweet Potato Pie, Bake at Home Recipe
(Serving: 1 pie)
- Sweet potatoes, boiled, peeled and pureed 1 lb
- Butter, melted ½ stick
- Eggs 2
- Evaporated milk 6oz
- Sugar 1 c
- Vanilla ½ tsp
- Cinnamon ¾ tsp
- Nutmeg, freshly grated ¼ tsp
- Brown sugar ½ c
- Butter, cold ½ stick
- Flour 3 Tbl
- Chopped pecans ½ c
Cut in by hand with pastry blender or pulse in food processor the BUTTER, BROWN SUGAR, and FLOUR until slightly crumbly. Stir in chopped PECANS.
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Mix all filling ingredients with a whisk and pour into a homemade 9” pie pastry shell.
- Bake at 375º 50 minutes.
- Remove pie and then sprinkle topping on.
- Bake pie with topping for 10 more minutes.