Two-year-old dies twice and now fights for his life after venomous snake bite

- An Australian two-year-old died twice and is now fighting for his life after he was bitten by the world’s second most venomous snake, a coastal taipan.

The toddler, Eli, was reportedly bitten three times when he was in his backyard with his mom, which caused the boy to go into cardiac arrest.

He was declared dead for six minutes after the bites but was revived twice by paramedics and taken to the hospital in Brisbane.

Richie Gilbert from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 told Daily Mail Australia that taipans are elusive but will strike when cornered.

"It was tragic. The snake would have probably had its head in a hole looking for rats or mice. They are a shy but they can strike repeatedly and very quickly if they feel threatened," Gilbert said.

Blake Hyland, a local community member, started a GoFundMe for the family, which has raised almost $4,000 of it's $20,000 goal.

“All positive thoughts go out to his family at this time and we are praying he makes a full recovery,” Hyland wrote on the site.

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories