TRENTON, N.J. (AP/WTXF) -- Authorities say one person has been killed in a fire in a senior housing complex in New Jersey's capital city.
SkyFOX was over the Luther Arms Building on South Broad Street in downtown Trenton where firefighters were called to put out a fire. It happened in a 6th floor apartment. A woman who lived there died.
"It is horrible. I know she didn't get around that well anymore. She was in a wheelchair," said Margie Rondinelli who says she knew the woman who may have been smoking when she fell asleep, according to published reports.
Investigators say she dropped a cigarette an apparently set her clothes on fire. It happened after 4 o'clock Thursday afternoon forcing Michelle Parker and others to evacuate for nearly 2 hours.
"I remember her talking. She was a real nice and sweet lady," said Parker.