911 calls after home invasion at NFL star's home released

- The 911 calls made after the reported home invasion, robbery, and assault of two women who were inside the home of NFL running back LeSean McCoy were released on Thursday, two days after the incident. In a frantic 911 call, the victim conveys fear and urgency

Attorney Tanya Mitchell Graham declined FOX 5's request for an interview, but in a statement issued hours after the 3 a.m. attack, she identified McCoy's estranged girlfriend, Delicia Cordon, as the victim of the assault as the home on Hickory Pass. She said her client was hit several times in the face with a firearm by a male assailant who entered the home with no signs of forced entry.

Operator: “Tell me exactly what happened.”

Cordon: “Someone broke into my house, come at me with a gun, looking for money and jewelry, and my son is missing.”

Operator: “Okay.”

Cordon: --Inaudible--

Operator: “Is the person still in your house right now?”

Cordon: “No, he's not. My son is missing.”

In the 911 call, Cordon described the intruder as a black man with a mask who was quote a little guy. Police returned later to remove what appears to be surveillance gear.

“I think they were trying to avoid the cameras by going out the front,” Cordon said in the 911 recording.

Cordon’s teenage son was later found safe. Cordon and her cousin, who was at the home at the time, were both okay.

 

In the 911 call, Cordon could be heard referencing McCoy.

RELATED: Woman injured in home invasion at NFL star’s home

Milton Police said the early Tuesday morning home invasion was not a random act and that Cordon was targeted.

Cordon’s attorney said the assailant demanded specific items of jewelry that have been previously gifted to Miss Cordon by Mr. McCoy. The attorney said after Miss Cordon refused to return her jewelry gifts to Mr. McCoy, he would often suggest to Miss Cordon that she could be robbed because the jewelry was expensive.

On Instagram, McCoy responded to claims on social media that he was somehow connected to the crime calling those allegations "totally baseless and completely false." NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told FOX 5 Portia Bruner "We are reviewing the matter."

Fulton County Magistrate Court records show Atlanta attorney Jacoby Hudson filed eviction proceedings on McCoy's behalf in July 2017. Cordon's attorney claims Cordon was allowed to remain in the home with her two children.

Milton Police were previously called to the Milton home in July of last year. A police report said officers found a mound of clothing outside. According to the report, McCoy told police the couple was breaking up. The report also said Cordon was arrested on an outstanding warrant for a traffic violation.

Police records also indicate the couple said they’d worked it out when police came out again in April of this year.

Then in June Police responded to the home where McCoy’s mother told them she was there removing his items not stealing as was reported.

Milton Police have not spoken publicly about the home invasion.

McCoy has hired high-profile Atlanta defense attorney Don Samuel, although no charges have been filed against the Buffalo Bills running back. McCoy is reportedly flying back to Atlanta from Miami where he was involved in official team activities to meet with his new attorney. Neither Samuel nor Cordon's attorney would comment on camera about the ongoing police investigation.

RELATED: Police continue to investigate home invasion at NFL star’s home

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories