PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) - Dozens of street closures and parking restrictions will be in effect across Philadelphia for Wawa Welcome America’s Fourth of July celebration. A detailed list of closures and restrictions can be found below.
Effective Wednesday, July 4 at 5:00 a.m.
- Streets between Walnut Street and Arch Street and from 6th Street to Front Street will close at 5:00 a.m.
Effective Wednesday, July 4 at 7:00 a.m.
- Road Closures will be extended west to 10th Street at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4.
- The City aims to have all parade closures lifted by 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4. The parade dispersal area may remain closed beyond 3:00 p.m.
Effective Wednesday, July 4, at 12:00 p.m.
- Walnut Street will close between Front Street and South 6th Street from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. for the Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution Parade.
Effective Wednesday, July 4 at 4:00 a.m.
- At 4:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, the second phase of road closures along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Art Museum, MLK Drive, and Logan Square will be in place until the morning of Thursday, July 5.
- Several closures will allow vehicular access to local residents only. Please have your license or other form or ID ready when accessing areas marked "local access only.”
Effective Wednesday, July 4th at 8:00 a.m.
- Waterworks Drive and a portion of the Schuylkill River Trail will be closed beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4. These two closures should be lifted by midnight, July 4.
- Local access to Park Towne Place and the area north of Logan Square will take effect at 1:00 p.m. Spring Garden Street will close between North 31st Street and I-76 ramps at 1:00 p.m. as well.
Effective Wednesday, July 4th at 4:00 p.m.
- The final series of closures along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway will be in place by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4. The City aims to have all closures lifted before morning rush hour on July 5.
- Traffic on 15th, 16th, and 17th streets will remain open until the pedestrian volume requires a closure.
The Philadelphia Parking Authority is not enforcing kiosks, meters or time limits on residential blocks throughout the day.
The following parking garages are recommended for those driving to events on the Parkway:
- Family Courthouse Garage, 15th and Arch streets: Rates range from $6 to $29.
- Philadelphia Gateway Parking Garage, 15th and Vine streets: Rates range from $3 to $20; evening rates available.
- 19th and Callowhill streets Lot: Rates range between $6 to $12; evening rates available.
For SEPTA detour information, see here.
For more information on road closures, see here.