WTXF - Montgomery County prosecutors have announced Involuntary Manslaughter charges against a woman, after her two-year-old daughter took the mother’s pills, and later died last July.
Christina Griffith, prosecutors say, was “was reckless and grossly negligent” when her daughter Trinity ingested the Subutex and Klonopin pills, which had been left on the floor, and she failed to seek timely medical treatment after she was aware of the situation.The incident took place at a Motel 6 in King of Prussia.
Trinity Griffith, according to the Montgomery County Coroner’s Office, died of combined drug intoxication.
Griffith was arraigned Wednesday and bail was set at $500,000 in cash. A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Feb. 3.