PLUCKEMIN, NJ (WTXF) - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie briefed the public on the state's response to this weekend's blizzard on Sunday.
In a press conference, Christie said roughly 18,000 homes remained without power in the Atlantic City area, but 90% of those homes would have power restored by Sunday afternoon.
Residents in some shore towns were forced to evacuate due to a lack of power, but most were able to stay with family and in local hotels.
No deaths were reported in New Jersey in connection with this storm.
Christie said Sunday that motorists were free to travel if they needed, but asked them to be respectful of speed limits and crews who were still working to clear roadways.
This weekend's snow storm was the 17th snow emergency in Christie's six years as governor of New Jersey.
Christie expects the state to return to a normal work week come Monday.
Gov. Christie returned to New Jersey for the storm after he had maintained all last week that he would remain in New Hampshire to campaign during this weekend’s storm.
Christie also gave a brief update on storm response at a press conference in Sayrevillle, New Jersey Saturday.
There, he encourage motorists to stay off the road and remain indoors as NJDOT crews battled elements including snow, flooding, low visibility and high winds.
At one point Saturday, approximately 100,000 residents lost power in the blizzard, but that number had greatly receded by Sunday morning. By then, the majority of remaining outages centered around Atlantic City.
Flooding became a major concern for many coastal towns, where some saw conditions worse than those experience in Hurricane Sandy.