Building evacuated after Carbon Monoxide leak in East Mount Airy

- Officials say a carbon monoxide leak gave several families quite a scare East Mount Airy early Saturday morning.

The incident occurred around 3:30 a.m. on the 100 block of East Sharpnack Street.

Fire officials evacuated a three story home that's been turned into an apartment building, as a result of the carbon monoxide leak.

Fortunately, no-one had to be taken to the hospital.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories