Fire in Newark Was Accidental

- A "heavy" fire was reported at a two-story home on Edjil Street in Newark, Delaware Monday morning. 

Both floors were reportedly on fire as crews from the Aetna Hose, Hook and Ladder Company worked to put out the blaze. 
The Delaware State Fire Marshal's office later determined that the fire was accidental, caused by "a space heater ignited combustible materials placed too close to the heater in a bedroom." No one was killed in the fire, although two adults and five children have been displaced, and a 41-year-old man was taken to Christiana Hospital for smoke inhalation.  
Up Next:

Thank you for visiting! Please click the survey link below to tell us about your experience.

FOX 29 Website Survey

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories