Man charged in 2015 gun shop heist extradited back to Pennsylvania

- "Mr. Tindell any comment ?

Not a word from 40-year-old Jabaar Tindell as he was transported by Collingdale Police, extradited back from Virginia for his alleged involvement in lifting 21 hand guns from the Suburban Armory gun shop a year and a half ago.

Only three were ever recovered.

"Can you tell us where those guns are ? Are you worried they could be used to hurt someone?"

A question Police Chief Bob Adams is trying to get answered too.

"One of my investigators and one of the ATF agents went down to interview him and he would not talk at all."

Surveillance video showed several suspects smashing their way into Suburban Armory on the 1000 block of MacDade Blvd in late May 2015.

They got the handguns, but could not break the cable protecting the long guns.

The heist was over in 90 seconds.

Surveillance shows the getaway in not one but two vehicles.

But police say DNA found at the scene helped police connect the dots to Tindell even after all this time.

"They were able to locate him through a small spec of his blood on the glass that was smashed out of the front of Suburban, DNA comparison that was matched, matched his DNA from a prior burglary."

Delaware County law enforcement now linked to their counterparts in Virginia where Jabaar Tindell was suspected of staying with family on a farm.

"He was raking hay and leaves on a farm somewhere and federal Marshals were watching him, until they got enough manpower then they went in and did their thing."

Chief Bob Adams says Tindell fought extradition for four months before coming back today, even answering charges for other crimes.

But not giving up his alleged partners -- yet.

"He was offered a bite of the apple but he didn't take it."

Up Next:

Thank you for visiting! Please click the survey link below to tell us about your experience.

FOX 29 Website Survey

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories