PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) - The City of Philadelphia honored the 2018 NCAA Champion Villanova Wildcats with a parade Thursday.
The parade will have an impact on traffic through the city for a good portion of the afternoon as cleanup continues.
Here is everything you need to know following the parade.
10 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- 1600 to 1900 Market Street
- 16th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 17th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 18th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 19th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
- 20th Street from JFK Blvd. to Chestnut Street
10 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- 1500 Market Street
- 15th Street from Race Street to Chestnut Street
- S. Penn Square from 15th Street to Broad Street
Temporary no parking signs will posted from 6 a.m. until 4 p.m.:
- 1400 JFK Blvd. (south side)
- 1500 to 1600 JFK Blvd. (both sides)
- 1700 JFK Blvd. (both sides)
- 1500 to 2900 Market Street (both sides)
- 15th Street from Chestnut Street to Arch Street (both sides)
- S. Penn Square from 15th Street to Broad Street (south side)
Vehicles that are parked in these areas during the "no parking" period will be relocated.
Extra capacity will be added to SEPTA’s Norristown High Speed Line (NHSL), Market-Frankford Line (MFL) and Broad Street Line (BSL) to accommodate the expected crowds.
Parade routing will impact SEPTA service through Center City. Bus Routes 2, 4, 7, 16, 17, 27, 31, 32, 33, 38, 44, 48, 62, 124 and 125 will be detoured around City Hall and Dilworth Park from approximately 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Thursday. Complete detour information will be posted here.
SEPTA urges Thursday riders to buy tickets and passes in advance. All train passengers traveling from Center City between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. must have pre-paid fare before they can get on the platform.
PATCO will operate its regular weekday schedule between its South Jersey and Center City stations Thursday. PATCO will run six-car trains every 12 minutes during rush hours to accommodate extra Villanova fans and Phillies fans heading to the home opener.