Boiler explosion has classes canceled at Delaware County church

- Classes have been canceled at St. Coleman-St. John Neumann Church in Delaware County after authorities said a boiler exploded in the building Monday. The closure could last for most of the week, according to the Archdiocese. 

SKYFOX was over the scene in Haverford, on Highland Avenue. 


The archdiocese confirmed that the boiler had exploded, and the explosion took place prior to any children arriving at the school. 

When school administrators arrived, they initially noticed a lack of proper heat in the building and communicated the same to school families

A short time later, officials smelled natural gas, and the school was closed. 

No injuries were reported.

An attached school was closed Monday because of lack of heat.

According to the Archdiocese the earliest possible date for reopening is Friday. 

Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories