Mom shares warning on Facebook after tick bite hospitalizes daughter

- A mother in Grenada, Mississippi, sent out a warning to parents on Facebook after her daughter ended up in the hospital after finding a tick on her head.

Jessica Griffin shared photos of her daughter, Kailyn, and the tick found on her head on Facebook. Griffin said her daughter woke up unable to walk or speak. “After tons of blood work and a CT of the head UMMC has ruled it as tick paralysis! PLEASE for the love of god check your kids for ticks,” she posted.

Griffin later shared another photo of her daughter leaving the hospital.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories