Officials respond to possible CO incident in North Philly, 4 hospitalized

- Four people were rushed to the hospital from what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning on Sunday afternoon. 

Two of the people affected called the gas company to get help, and they think that's what saved their lives.

Ruth Moore and her fiancée Melvin Jones were released from the hospital on Sunday night. They both say they're lucky to still be alive. 

"I was waking up every twenty minutes," said Jones. "Every half an hour. So I knew something was wrong."

They say the trouble started Friday night inside their home on the 1200 block of West WIlliams street.
Ruth's headaches got so bad, she went to the ER at Temple University Hospital on Saturday.  But as their conditions worsened through Sunday morning, they called the gas company. 
When it appeared high levels of carbon monoxide may have been to blame, they were told to rush back to the hospital. 
Firefighters then responded to the scene and pulled two more occupants from a home after conducting a forced entry. 

Readings were taken on every house and residents are safe, according to the fire department. 

No firefighters were injured. The Fire Mashall's office is investigating the case. 


Up Next:

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories