PHILADELPHIA (WTXF) - Authorities say two men have been charged in connection with the shooting of a Philadelphia police officer in Kensington earlier this week.
On Friday, the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office announced they have charged Jerome Hill in the shooting of Philadelphia Police Officer Paul Sulock. Authorities say video and testimonial evidence shows that Hill fired multiple shots at two Philadelphia police officers, striking Officer Sulock in the leg. Bail has been set at $3.3 million for Hill.
The following charges against Hill were approved by the DAO:
- Two counts of Attempted Murder (F1);
- Two counts of Aggravated Assault on Law Enforcement (F1);
- Three counts of Aggravated Assault (F1);
- Criminal Trespass (F3);
- Three counts of Violating the Uniform Firearms Act 6105 (F1), 6106 (F3), and 6108 (M1); and
- Recklessly Endangering Another Person (M2)
- Possession of an Instrument of Crime (M1)
Authorities say a second man, James Gauthney, has been charged with hindering apprehension, obstruction of justice and unsworn falsification in connection with this incident. Bail has been set at $1 million bail. He is currently in custody. He remains under investigation to determine the extent of his alleged involvement.