Texas teen electrocuted, killed while using phone in the bath

- A Texas teen died Sunday morning while using her cellphone in a bathtub, according to reports.

14-year-old Madison Coe was allegedly electrocuted while she was taking a bath at her father’s home in Lovington, New Mexico.

Relatives told a local news station that the accident was caused either from Coe plugging in her phone while in the tub or grabbing the phone while it was charging.

The teenager recently graduated from eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School.

District officials issued a statement saying, “It is with heavy hearts that Frenship Independent School District mourns the loss of Madison Coe. We wish to share our heartfelt sympathy with her family and friends as we carry the burden of this tragedy together.”

To help pay for the funeral, friends of Coe have organized a GoFundMe page.

More from Fox News. 

Up Next:


Thank you for visiting FOX29.com! Please click the survey link below to tell us about your experience.

FOX 29 Website Survey

  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories