- Spring Semester Internships: November 1
- Summer Semester Internships: March 1
- Fall Semester Internships: July 1
CURRENT INTERN OPPORTUNITIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVES
Philadelphia’s only local entertainment TV show taped live in front of a studio audience!
- Assist with scheduling and confirming studio audience
- Assist with audience and guests during taping
- Assist with daily show set-up and guests
- Participate in meetings to discuss content of upcoming shows
- Assist with promotion of the show
- Assist with social media
- Shifts: 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. weekdays
- Good Day Philadelphia, evening and late newscasts, Good Day Philadelphia Weekend, web, meteorology
- Story research
- Pre-show interviewing
- Maintenance of video tape library
- Assist producer, director and anchors in telecast
- Good Day Philadelphia: Monday through Friday 4 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Dayside: Monday through Friday/Weekends 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Nightside: Monday through Friday/Weekends 2 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Web: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Good Day Philadelphia Weekend: Saturday/Sunday 6 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Please specify which shift you prefer on your application
- Schedule and coordinate community outreach appearances with station on-air staff
- Copywriting for FOX 29 community outreach initiatives on website and social media
- Assist in the preparation and on-site coordination of cause-related marketing projects and initiatives
- Assist in public service spot production, including writing and producing PSAs for station projects
- Shifts: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Monday mornings a must!)
- Logging sporting events for highlight selection for air
- Coordinating scripts with producers and talent
- Updating file system of professional, college and high school sporting events
- Assist photographers on remote assignments
- Monday through Friday 6:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 1 p.m. –11 p.m. (varies based on season)
- Observation/orientation to promotion production
- Non-linear and regular video editing of promos
- Assist with promotional shoots
- Shifts: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
FINANCE AND HUMAN RESOURCES
- Assist with inventory and budgets
- Assist with internship recruitment
- Shifts: Monday through Friday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Learn the business development process from start to finish including how to prospect, cold call, and set appointments with potential new business clients
- Conduct a proper client needs analysis in order to create relevant ad campaigns utilizing FOX 29 on air and online assets
- Attend weekly sales meetings and individual sales calls with local account executives
- Assist in planning sales/marketing events, creating presentations and writing commercial copy
- Understand audience measurement for both television and digital properties and how they are monetized
- Worth with multiple departments to develop and execute sales and marketing campaigns for station clients
- Successful interns will learn fundamental sales techniques that may be applied in a variety of professions
- Shifts: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (scheduling flexible around classes)
- Students applying must be of junior, senior or graduate standing at an accredited college or university, majoring in related fields of study
- No less than 16 hours per week at the station (some departments require evening and/or weekend assignments, as noted)
- Must have reliable transportation to our station in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Arrangements to obtain academic credit must be made with your advisor or internship coordinator prior to beginning your internship at WTXF. Your advisor or internship coordinator will be required to certify your eligibility for academic credit. Please refer to an internship application.
- Professionalism in communication, personal presentation, punctuality and attendance
- Demonstration of initiative, willingness to develop new and useful skills and enthusiasm in the performance of all tasks
- Knowledge of WTXF-FOX 29 Philadelphia's programming, including Good Day Philadelphia, FOX 29 News, Fox News Channel and Good Day Philadelphia Weekend
- Go on a ride-along with a full crew (reporter and photographer)
- Go on a ride-along with a photographer
- Spend a shift on the assignment desk answering phones, monitoring police scanners and other sources of news alongside assignment editors
- Write mock scripts for broadcast television newscast under supervision of a producer
- Sit in production control to observe the producer and director during a live newscast
- Sit in the studio to observe the talent and engineers during a live newscast
- Practice anchoring and stand-ups under supervision of a photographer or on-air personality
- Solicit advice from talent, managers, producers and newsroom staff about career goals
- Attend news planning meetings
- Attend promotions meetings
- Assist with guests (primarily for interns on Good Day Philadelphia)
- Practice writing stories for website based off of television newscasts
- Attend workshops and/or panel discussions hosted for interns
- Sit in on a job interview for an intern for the next semester (coordinate with HR)
Click here to print out the internship application
Email the completed application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com OR mail to:
FOX 29 Philadelphia
ATTN: FOX 29 Internship Program
330 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Interviews will be conducted following the application deadlines.
The following are the dates of our internship program for 2018:
- Spring: January 9 – April 20, 2018
- Summer: May 15 – August 17, 2018
- Fall: September 10 – December 21, 2018