Levittown, Pa. (WTXF) - People who live near a Levittown funeral home say thick smoke from cremations poured into their neighborhood.
"There was big puffs of black smoke and it was going down two or three blocks," Levittown resident Dawn Dormena said.
Domena says it was quite an unsettling sight to see. Dark plumes of smoke pouring from the cremation chimney of the Galzerano Funeral Home on Bristol Oxford Valley Road in Levittown. She lives on Border Rock Road near the funeral home and says her neighbor alerted her about 11 a.m. Wednesday morning.
"She said it was going through the windows of her house and everything so she had to call the fire department,"Dormena explained.
According to Domena, she was especially worried for her 18-month- old grandson Michael who she was babysitting. She feared they might have to evacuate.
"We stood here for a few minutes to think—if we had to go some place—if it was coming this way. If it was dangerous to breath you know. We don't know anything," she said.
Other neighbors whose properties back against the funeral home say the smoke was particularly bad Wednesday morning but say it has happened before.
Police responded and say they told Galzerano Funeral Home to correct the situation. Domena is just glad no one was hurt.
"I closed up my house and thank goodness they came and it stopped pretty quickly after they arrived," she said.
FOX 29 reached out to the funeral home, which has been in business for more than 100 years and they had no comment.