PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (WTXF) - The city of Philadelphia has announced parking restrictions and road closures for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
The parade will take place Sunday, March 11. It starts at 11:15 a.m. and the parade route begins at 16th and JFK Blvd. The parade will end at Penn’s Landing. The St. Patrick’s Day parade will take place rain or shine. The parade will be broadcast on FOX 29 from 12 p.m. until 3 p.m.
Market Street, between 5th and 6th Streets, will be closed 5:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Other street closures for March 11th between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. include:
• JFK Blvd between 20th and 15th Street
• 20th St. between Market and Arch Streets
• 19th St. between Market and Arch Streets
• 18th St. between Market and Arch Streets
• 17th St. between Market and Arch Streets
• 16th St. between Market and Arch Streets
• 15th St. between Market and Arch Streets
More street closures between 10 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. include:
• North Penn Square between 15th and Juniper Street
• East Penn Square between JFK Blvd and Market Street
• Market Street between East Penn Square and Front Street
• Front Street between Market Street and Chestnut
• All cross streets on Market Street from 13th to Front Street, from Chestnut to Arch Street.
In addition, certain streets will be posted as Temporary No Parking zones. The 1500-2000 block of JFK Blvd will be assigned Temporary No Parking from 6 a.m. until 3 p.m. These streets will also be assigned Temporary No Parking from 5 a.m. until 3 p.m:
• 5th Street between Chestnut to Market Street
• 6th Street between Chestnut to Race Street
• Race Street between 5th Street and 6th Street
Vehicles parked in Temporary No Parking zones will be relocated.
Additionally, public transportation information regarding the St. Patrick's Day parade can be obtained at septa.org. Attendees are discouraged from carrying bags, backpacks or satchels of any kind are subject to searches. These are all subject to search and discouraged.
Parade goers will not be permitted entrance to any Regional Rail line if they are carrying cups or liquids of any kind.
The following items will not be permitted on the parade route:
• Weapons and contraband of any kind, regardless of permits
• Fireworks or explosives
• Alcoholic beverages
• Skateboards, motorized vehicles or scooters
• Laser pointers
• Unmanned Aircraft or drones
The public should expect congestion in the parade area. The public is encouraged to have a plan regarding transportation in and out of the city for the day. All parade goers are encouraged to wear comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing.
For more information regarding the St. Patrick’s Day parade, click here.
The parade will be broadcast on FOX 29 from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. It will be re-broadcast on FOX 29 Sunday, March 17 from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.