(FOX NEWS INSIDER) - A man caused a fire at a suburban Detroit gas station by putting a lighter to what he says was a spider near his gas tank.
Surveillance video from the Mobil gas station in Center Line, Mich., shows flames quickly engulfing the man's car and the gas pump.
The man put out the flames with a fire extinguisher. He told authorities he spotted a spider on his gas tank and pulled out his lighter to get rid of it, claiming to be deathly afraid of spiders.
"He didn't have a cigarette. He didn't have anything on him. All of a sudden I look out and I see flames," employee Susan Adams told Fox 2.