(INSIDE EDITION)--A 7-year-old boy who was missing after Thursday's terror attack in Barcelona has been identified as a victim.
Julian Cadman became separated from his mom after a van plowed into pedestrians on a Barcelona promenade, killing at least 14 and injuring some 100 others just after 6 p.m.
"The Australian Government is deeply saddened to confirm that Julian Cadman, a seven year old Australian boy, was among those killed in the terrorist attack in Barcelona," the country's Minister for Foreign Affairs Julie Bishop said in a statement.
His mother was seriously injured in the attack and remains in a coma, reports said.
"Julian was a much loved and adored member of our family," Julian's family said in a statement released by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. "As he was enjoying the sights of Barcelona with his mother, Julian was sadly taken from us. He was so energetic, funny and cheeky, always bringing a smile to our faces. We are so blessed to have had him in our lives and will remember his smiles and hold his memory dear to our hearts."
The family also thanked those who helped them in searching for Julian in the aftermath of the tragedy.
"Your kindness was incredible during a difficult time. We also acknowledge we are not the only family to be affected by the events, our prayers and thoughts are with all people affected," the statement continued.
Julian's grandfather, Tony Cadman, took to Facebook after the attack to try to find Julian in a post that had been shared more than 35,000 times just 8 hours after it appeared.