MIDDLETOWN, Calif. (KTVU) - Bride-to-be Rachel Lemon lost her home in the Valley Fire.
According to her Facebook post, she had an appointment Monday to look at a wedding dress which she almost canceled but didn't.
She posted, "I felt silly thinking about our wedding when we had just lost so much
With my parent's house and ours gone I wasn't sure what, if anything, we would be able to afford.
It just felt nice to get away and think about something pleasant.
My mom, soon to be mother-in-law, and I arrived at Starlet Bridal & Prom for my appointment.
Prior to trying on the dress, we talked about the tragedy of the fire and how I almost cancelled the appointment.
I tried on my first dress.
When I came out of the dressing room, I was surprised to see everyone crying. I thought I can't look that bad - lol.
I was then told that my dress would be complimentary and to choose whichever dress I liked!
I was shocked and then started to cry as well!
I found my favorite dress and it was perfect.
While in the dressing room, they had called all of their vendor friends.
They were able to provide a photographer, hair dresser, makeup artist, ER Sawyers wedding band, alterations to the dress, a florist, tuxedo rental, party rentals, a harpist, a wedding cake, yoga before the wedding to de-stress, and so much more...as their friends continue to offer their help and services.
I'm still in shock at the kindness and generosity from total strangers.
I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of the wonderful staff at Starlet - Allison, Irene, and everyone else.
You are all so special and made me feel amazing!
I have always dreamed of having a beautiful wedding.
With the fire, I wasn't sure that was going to happen.
Thanks to you; it will.