Crews battle 2-alarm fire in New Castle, firefighter injured

Crews battled a 2-alarm fire at a home in New Castle county Thursday morning that left on firefighter injured.

Officials say the fire began on the first floor laundry room of a reidence on 3200 block of Mill Creek Road.

An investigation by the State Fire Marshal's Office concluded that the blaze was accidental and caused by a dryer malfunction.

During the blaze, a firefighter was badly injured and transported to Cozer Chester Burn Center for treatment. He is currently in stable condition.

An estimated $250,000 of damage was sustained to the home. The Red Cross of Delmarva arrived to provide assistance to the residents.