Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware residents who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTXF Fox 29, (“Sponsor”), and the affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How to Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish. The giveaway begins on July 29, 2019 and runs weekdays through August 7, 2019 (the “Giveaway Period”). All entries must be received by 10:00 a.m., local time each day during the Giveaway Period.
4. To enter, watch “Good Day Philadelphia” on Fox 29, weekdays during the Giveaway Period between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m., local time, and look for the “Word of the Day” that will appear on screen at least once during the program. The Word of the Day will change each day. Then go to fox29.com/contests and follow all instructions to complete the online entry, including entering the applicable Word of the Day. If, for any reason, the Word of the Day is not telecast on one or more days during the Giveaway Period, then those days will be eliminated from the entry period.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of Sponsor’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. One winner will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries on or about August 9, 2019.
7. The winner will receive a trip for 2 to Beverly Hills, California. The trip includes (i) round-trip coach airline tickets to and from airports selected by Sponsor (ii) double-occupancy hotel accommodations for winner and 1 guest for 2 nights at a hotel selected by prize-provider, and (iii) ground transportation to and from Los Angeles International Airport to the hotel. The winner is responsible for all travel-related expenses not expressly stated in the prize description, including, without limitation, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation, telephone/internet charges, incidentals, or other personal expenses, parking, taxes, and surcharges. The winner may be required to submit a credit card to the hotel at the time of check-in to cover incidentals. Travel dates subject to availability and travel must be completed by December 31, 2019. Blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of each minor. The approximate retail value of the prize is $3,000. The prize is provided by Fox Broadcasting Company.
8. The winner will be notified by e-mail and/or phone on or about August 9, 2019. The winner will be required to (i) complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release, along with a Guest Release signed by the winner’s guest, and any other documents as may be required by Sponsor, within 10 days of the date of notification or he or she will be disqualified, and (ii) claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If a winner cannot be reached, or if the winner does not return all required documents and claim the prize within the designated time period, Sponsor will select an alternate winner if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These giveaway rules are available at www.fox29.com/contests and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTXF, Fox 29, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106 for a period of at least 30 days following the end of the entry period of the giveaway.
15. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope no later than one year following the end of the entry period, to: WTXF, Fox 29, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Attn: Creative Services Department.
16. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.