Woman sets fire to husband's things, home accidentally catches fire too
PONTIAC, Mich. (WJBK) - A Pontiac woman was arrested after setting a fire that accidentally spread to her home.
Neighbors saw the fire and called deputies and the fire department, which showed up to the home in the 500 block of N. Saginaw Street. They say a 42-year-old woman was burning her husband's things.
When the deputies got there, they say she began pouring fuel onto her fire, which caused the fire to spread to the house.
Firefighters were able to get the fire out, and deputies took the woman into custody.
"She burned his clothes, basically," says neighbor Leon Fowler. "She didn't intend to burn the house at all; she didn't intend to cause any damage to her own home. It was more of a, I believe, just - I don't want to put my own personal twist - but it's just two people getting into it and solving it their own way, I guess."
It's unclear at this time how much damage was done to the home.
The woman is being held at the Oakland County Jail as she awaits charges.