PHILADELPHIA - The first week of December brought our first taste of winter with a coastal storm, which brought rain and snow to the area.
The same storm has pummeled the U.S. for days as it moved cross country, dumping heavy snow from California to the Midwest and inundating other areas with rain.
The Philadelphia suburbs will see snow showers with the best chances of snow in Bucks and Burlington counties Monday evening into the overnight hours. The snow will taper off overnight ahead of chilly temperatures for your Tuesday.
The storm prompted school closures all around the region. The expected significant snowfall also led Bucks County officials to close government offices for the day.
FOX 29 Weather Authority seven-day forecast:
- Monday: Rain to snow. High: 40 Low: 38
- Tuesday: Partly sunny. High: 43 Low: 33
- Wednesday: Slight chance of rain. High: 46 Low: 33
- Thursday: Partly cloudy. High: 46 Low: 34
- Friday: Partly sunny. High: 48 Low: 30