LAND O' LAKES (FOX 13) - A total of seven homes have been condemned after the massive Land O' Lakes sinkhole expanded.
Two more homes were deemed unsafe on Sunday. Officials will be evaluating more residences on Monday to determine whether more will need to be condemned.
"They were showing signs of cracking on the exterior," said Kevin Guthrie, Pasco County's Director of Emergency Operations. "They're also bubbling up their tile (and) The tile floors are popping,"
Families hustled to remove what they could while huge excavators continued to tame the unruly sinkhole.
"Late into yesterday and all day today we've been able to dump 110 dump truck loads of lime, un-crushed lime into the hole. It has definitely stabilized the base," Guthrie said.
Two more weeks of work are expected before the county will hit the pause button. At that point, the county commission will decide how tax payer dollars are best spent going forward.
So far the hole has cost about $700,000.
"What do you want us to do? Fill it? Not grout the bottom, grout the bottom? Do you want us to connect it to the lake? These are options on the table," Guthrie said.
Neighbors are trying to stay positive as they wait for this to be over.
"It would not bother me if it comes to a lake. I just feel bad for the people losing their homes," a neighbor told FOX 13.