NEW JERSEY - New Jersey launched a new incentive program to encourage people to get vaccinated.
Governor Phil Murphy announced the "Shot and a Beer" program Monday. Any New Jerseyan 21 and older who gets their first vaccine dose during the month of May can bring their vaccination card to a participating brewery to get a free beer.
The following breweries are participating in the program:
- Battle River Brewing in Toms River
- Bradley Beer Project in Bradley Beach
- Bolero Snort Brewing Company in Carlstadt
- Brix City Brewing Company in Little Ferry
- Carton Brewing Company in Atlantic Highlands
- Flounder Brewing Company in Hillsborough
- Flying Fish Brewing Company in Somerdale
- Gaslight Brewery and Restaurant in South Orange
- Hackensack Brewing Company in Hackensack
- Kane Brewing Company in Ocean Township
- Little Dog Brewing Company in Neptune
- Magnify Brewing Company in Fairfield
- River Horse Brewing Company in Ewing
On Monday, Gov. Murphy announced New Jersey will lift all COVID-19 outdoor gathering limits and remove a 50% capacity limit on indoor restaurants and bars beginning on May 19 as long as social distancing can be maintained, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said Monday.
Murphy also announced that relaxed restrictions slated to take effect on May 10 will now apply on Friday, three days earlier. Those changes include increasing the outdoor gathering limits to 500 people, raising indoor capacities to 50% up to 250 individuals for political gatherings, weddings, funerals, memorial services and performances. Privately catered events will also be permitted to have dancing.
The state's positive coronavirus trends have enabled the state to make the change.
So far, 45 percent of New Jersey adults, which is about 3 million, are now fully vaccinated.
DOWNLOAD: FOX 29 NEWS APP