2 killed, 1 hospitalized after being shot in separate shootings in West Philly, Kensington, police say

Investigators and homicide detectives with the Philadelphia Police Department are working to solve shooting cases that left two people dead and another person hospitalized overnight. 

West Philadelphia 

Police say officers responded to calls for reports of gunshots and a shooting at 46 Street and Fairmount  Avenue just after 11 p.m. on Thursday evening. 

According to officials, a 54-year-old woman, later identified as Mary Fisher, was found lying on the ground bleeding heavily from her neck. 

Authorities say she was rushed to Presbyterian Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 11:34 p.m. 

Investigators say there is no ballistic evidence, but the woman's car was found with the doors open and a bullet hole was seen in the vehicle's window. 

According to Chief Inspector Scott Small, a large group of people was standing in the area and a house nearby appeared to be ransacked inside. 

Police have not yet identified a suspect or a motive, according to authorities. 


Police are also investigating shootings in Kensington that left a 21-year-old man dead and a woman in extremely critical condition. 

According to Small, 26th District officers responded to reports of a shooting and auto accident on the 1800 block of North Front Street. 

Authorities say police and medics found a Chrysler 200 Sedan that was involved in an auto accident. 

According to police, the driver in the front seat was unresponsive with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. 

The woman, later identified as Leanne Sera Jones, was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where she is in critical condition undergoing surgery. 

Small says the woman also struck an unattended parked vehicle on Front Street. 

Two bullet holes were found in the woman's car and four spent shell casings were found on the 1700 block of North Front Street, officials say. 

According to Small, investigators believe the woman was shot on the 1700 block, and drove one block up before striking a parked car, which caused her vehicle to spin 180 degrees. 

The front seat passenger climbed out of the vehicle and was transported to police headquarters to give a statement, Small says. 

Police say officers also responded to the 500 block of E Indiana Avenue around 2:06 a.m. for a report of a person with a gun. 

According to police, Gabriel Hernandez, 21, was found with a gunshot wound to the chest and transported to Temple Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 3:17 a.m. 

Sources tell FOX 29's Steve Keeley that investigators are working to learn if the two Kensington shootings are connected. 

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.