PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Catholic authorities in Philadelphia say a priest formerly returned to ministry following an allegation of sexual abuse of minors has been placed on administrative leave following a new allegation of abuse decades ago.
The archdiocese of Philadelphia also said the priestly faculties of 73-year-old Reverend Monsignor Joseph Logrip have been restricted following an allegation that he sexually abused a minor in the early 1980s.
Logrip had been suspended after the release of the 2011 grand jury report into child sexual abuse but in 2014 was declared suitable for ministry, with officials citing "unsubstantiated allegations"
A person answering the phone at a number listed in Logrip's name declined comment Sunday.
Officials said two other priests were found unsuitable for ministry "based on substantiated allegations" of sexual abuse in the early 1980s.