BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. - Most Philadelphia public schools on Thursday will operate on a 2-hour delay after a night of intense storms caused the Schuylkill River to overflow and flood several city streets prompting road closures.
Due to storm-related power outages, the district will close James Dobson Elementary School and Albert M. Greenfield School on Thursday and will not have remote learning.
The 2-hour delay affected all schools with 8:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. start times, according to the district. Kindergarten half-day sessions will go on as planned.
Several school districts in neighboring areas also announced delays and closures on Thursday after a massive and destructive storm that once formed Hurricane Ida decimated the region on Wednesday.
- Council Rock School District -Closed
- Pennsbury School District - Closed
- Bucks County Technical High School -Closed
- Central Bucks School District- Closed
- Bensalem Township School District
- Neshaminy School District
- Upper Merion Area School District -Closed
- Colonial School District- Closed
- Cadence Academy Preschool-Delayed
- Upper Dublin School District
- Upper Moreland Township School District