(FOX NEWS) -- A fourth-grader is being credited with saving her grandpa's life after she recognized he was having a stroke thanks to her science fair project.
Sophia Tabors won a second place ribbon two months ago for her entry on stroke research during a science fair project at her school in St. Louis.
Earlier this month, Tabors was with her grandfather shopping at a grocery store when she realized he was having a stroke after he dropped a bag of apples.
"He was staring at it and I was trying to ask him if he was okay…he was saying something but I didn't get it and his face was droopy on one side," Tabors said.
Tabors told her mom what was happening and she called 911.
Doctors say that her quick-thinking helped to save her grandpa's life.
Watch the "Fox and Friends Weekend" video clip above.