Faulty wiring in attic sparks house fire in Wilmington, officials say

Fire officials say faulty wiring in the attic of a Wilmington home sparked a blaze that displaced a family of five Saturday afternoon.

Firefighters from the Talleyville Fire Company were called to the 2100 block of Naamans Road around 2 p.m. for reports of a house fire. 

Crews arrived to find heavy smoke billowing from the roof of the home. The flames reportedly caused an estimated $150,000 in damage.

No injuries were reported. The Delaware Fire Marshal's Office ruled the fire accidental.


For the latest local news, sports and weather, download the FOX 29 News app.


Sign up for emails from FOX 29, including our daily Good Day Digest newsletter