Police stepping up checks after credit card skimmers found on gas pumps in Bucks County
BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. - Several credit card skimmers discovered at local gas stations has prompted a police department to take further action to protect their citizens.
Police say the skimmers were found on several gas station pumps at two separate locations in Penndel, a borough in Bucks County:
- 7-11 Gas Station at 527 West Lincoln Highway
- Express Gas at 652 Bellevue Avenue
No devices were found at a third location in town, according to authorities.
- Video shows drivers doing illegal donuts, burnouts as hundreds gather on Spring Garden streets
- Body found shot in vacant lot in North Philadelphia, police say
- Coatesville ambulance service downgrades life-saving services: 'Where are people going to get help?'
Police say the source of the skimmers is not known at this time. However, an investigation has been launched, and additional checks are being added.
"We have been frequently checking the pumps for skimmers and working with the business owners to prevent them in the first place. This is the first time we were able to locate them and will be increasing our frequency of checking the pumps for the devices."
This recent discovery comes about a week after ATM skimmers were found inside several local convenience stores in Montgomery County.