UPPER MERION TWP, Pa. (FOX 29) - All Upper Merion School District schools and offices were closed Friday following a threat.
Police say the threat was made on Twitter Thursday evening and referenced an individual coming to school Friday with a handgun to commit acts of violence.
Police say they are questioning a person in Montreal, Canada, in connection with the case.
"This suspect is currently being questioned by Canadian authorities. Based on what we know so far, we believe he is the person responsible for the threatening tweet that was sent to Dr. Toleno's Twitter account," police said.
According to police, they do not know if the person has any connection to the Upper Merion Area School District.
Police say they have no reason to believe that there is any active threat against the Upper Merion School District.
Superintendent, John Toleno, told school staff that police will continue to have an increased presence in the following school days. All events at Upper Merion High School have been canceled through Monday.
The FBI is assisting in the investigation.
Editor's Note: FOX 29 updated the story to reflect schools will be opened on Tuesday.