Watch: Teen accidentally swallows dog toy— and then squeaks

A teenager became "one" with a chew toy after he accidentally swallowed it and— as you might assume— started squeaking. 

Mary Serrano of Montgomery, Texas, said her 13-year-old son Jonathan was chewing on a dog toy to be annoying. The mother jokingly made a slapping gesture with a soda bottle. As her son ducked, he swallowed the whistle part of the toy. 

Serrano then took her son to two different hospitals after he started squeaking.

SHARED: New Zealand proposes taxing cow burps, pee to tackle climate change

While they waited in the emergency room at Conroe Regional Hospital, Serrano recorded a video of her son who kept squeaking as he could not contain his laughter. 

Doctors were able to remove the toy, using a scope. 

"Long story short, this was not fun for him because he missed a very important camping trip with Boy Scouts that he was very much looking forward to," she told Storyful.

Storyful contributed to this report. This story was reported from Los Angeles.