(As of November 25, 2019)
Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware residents living within the Fox 29 Designated Market Area (as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc.) who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the methods of entry set forth in these rules.
2. Employees of Fox Television Stations, LLC, owner of television station WTXF (“Sponsor”), or Longwood Gardens, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per person per entry period. The contest begins November 20, 2019 at 4:00 a.m., and will continue through 11:59 p.m. on December 17, 2019. Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday preceding the selection dates set forth in paragraph 6 below to be eligible for that week’s prize. Non-winning entries will not be carried over to the next entry period. 4. To enter, post a still photo of your home decorated with lights for the holiday season on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, together with the hashtag “fox29lightscontest.” All submissions must be original and conform to Sponsor’s then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Entrants must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or remove any entry based on a claim, including, without limitation, a claim of copyright infringement or misappropriation of likeness. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented. Entries must also comply with the applicable rules of the social media platforms. PHOTOS SHOULD INCLUDE HOUSE AND DÉCOR ONLY AND MAY NOT INCLUDE PEOPLE.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other contest information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the contest or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WTXF’s contest records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. Sponsor will select one photo depicting the most festive holiday lights and other decorations from among valid entries on or about the following dates: November 27, 2019, December 2, 2019, December 9, 2019, and December 16, 2019, for a total of 4 winners. Selection of winners subject to station’s technical ability to broadcast live from location, in station’s sole discretion.
7. Each winner will receive a visit to his or her home from Bob Kelly, which will be broadcast LIVE during the evening news, on a night to be determined by Sponsor. If the selected winner is not available on the date or dates selected by Sponsor for the visit, an alternate winner will be selected if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits. Once selected, home visits are subject to cancelation due to bad weather or breaking news, in Sponsor’s discretions. Canceled visits will be rescheduled if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits
8. The winners will be notified by direct message via the social media platform used to enter on or about the next business day after selection. Entrants are responsible for taking all necessary steps to ensure receipt of direct message. Winners must respond to station within 24 hours of direct message notification, and will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or they will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits. There is no retail value for the prize.
9. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winners. The winners cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
10. The winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
11. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
12. Odds of winning are subject to Sponsor’s discretion.
13. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
14. These contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WTXF, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, and on https://www.fox29.com for a period of at least 30 days following the end of the entry period of the giveaway.
15. For the names of the prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 25, 2019 to: WTXF, Very Kelly Christmas, 330 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
16. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.
18. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entry information is provided to Sponsor, not to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants release Facebook, Twitter or Instagram from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind related to this contest.