Family speaks out after teen killed in Fairmount Park shooting: ‘I’m not letting up until justice is served’

A family is in mourning after an impromptu party in Strawberry Mansion left a 17-year-old girl fatally shot, and four juveniles injured over the weekend. 

Police say the 17-year-old girl, whose parents later identified as Isya "Cece" Stanley, was shot and killed after a pop-up party that started at 29th and Ridge Avenue Friday night, then spilled over into Fairmount Park. 

"She was an amazing daughter. She was a amazing best friend. That was my world. That was my baby." said Regina Jones Stanley, the victim’s mother. "She was everything to me and they took that away from me. That was my only daughter. "

According to police, the tragic night began with a pop-up party near 29th and Ridge. Officers broke up the gathering just before 11 p.m.

A very large group of kids and young adults, about 100 in total, then moved from that location to near North 33rd Street in Fairmount Park.

Officials say police nearby heard gunshots coming from the park. 

Police say five juveniles, three boys and two girls, were hit by gunfire.

Of the five shot, 17-year-old, Isya "Cece" Stanley, was killed. 

FOX 29’s Ellen Kolodziej spoke with the 17-year-old’s parents, before a vigil was held Sunday night in West Philadelphia. 

Almost 100 friends and family came to honor the 17-year-old, a young woman her father says had a bright future as an entrepreneur.

"My daughter was a beautiful soul man like she lit up a room you know what I mean and you all snatched that away from us man," said Iself Stanley, the victim’s father. "When I woke up this morning, the main thing I kept thinking about, what was my daughter thinking about when she was on that ground dying."

According to Isya’s family, she recently graduated from high school and is described as the life of the party who lit up every room.

Isya’s parents are heartbroken and urge their daughter’s killer to come forward. 

"I just need them, whoever it was just to be honest with themselves and be honest, because at the end of the day I’m not letting up until justice is served," said Cece’s mother. 

Her parents say they get strength knowing their Cece is watching over everyone and will always be with them.

"She’s now our protector and our guardian angel. She’s going to guide us through, and she’s going to make sure we’ll be okay," said Regina Jones Stanley.


'Pop-up' party leads to fatal shooting of girl, 17; 4 other teens injured

Philadelphia police are investigating the fatal shooting of a teenage girl after an impromptu party and gathering in Fairmount Park.

Of the other juveniles shot, three were rushed to Temple University Hospital by either police or medics, while two walked into the hospital. Isya died shortly after arriving, around 11:15 p.m.

The other victims, ranging in age from 14 to 18, were all listed as stable, according to officials.

Philadelphia Police Inspector D.F. Pace stated the crime scene was very large and no motive for the violence was immediately known. Investigators found at least 11 spent shell casings at the scene.

The investigation is active and anyone with information should the Homicide Detectives Division at 215-686-3334.

Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to 215-686-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online, here. All tips are confidential.

Click here to find resources for victims of violence in Philadelphia.