MEDFORD, N.J. - A 70-year-old man is hospitalized and making a recovery after he was rescued from a house fire in Medford.
The fire occurred on Monday at approximately 1:20 p.m. when emergency services were called to a house on Hastings Avenue.
When police arrived, neighbors were able to relay information about the 70-year-old resident still being inside the home, which prompted a quick rescue.
- 2 hospitalized after double stabbing in West Philadelphia, police say
- Man critical after being shot multiple times in West Philadelphia, police say
- West Philadelphia double shooting leaves man in critical condition, police say
- Man dies at hospital after being shot twice in Kensington, police say
- Man, 34, shot at least 14 times and killed in Mantua, police say
A rapid search of the house led fire officials to finding the man in a rear bedroom.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he is listed in stable condition. The house sustained extensive fire and smoke damage.
No other injuries were reported and an investigation into the cause of the fire remains underway.