KENSINGTON - A young man has died after police say he was shot twice in Kensington and driven to the hospital.
Investigators say the 19-year-old was shot around 4 p.m. on the 3000 block of Ella Street and driven by private vehicle to Temple University Hospital's Episcopal campus.
PHILADELPHIA CRIME HEADLINES
- Man dies after being shot 8 times on porch in West Philadelphia, police say
- Man hospitalized after being stabbed multiple times in Kensington, police say
- Man, 34, shot at least 14 times and killed in Mantua, police say
- 4-year-old boy shot in the foot in Strawberry Mansion, police say
- Man dead after he was beaten with rock in North Philadelphia, police say
- Man shot in head by apparent acquaintance outside bar in North Philadelphia, police say
The unnamed victim was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital, police said.
The vehicle that drove the victim to the hospital is being held by police as part of their investigation, according to authorities.
No arrests were reported immediately following the deadly shooting.