Boston Children’s Hospital nabbed the report’s top spot.
To create the pediatric rankings, U.S. News & World Report gathers key clinical data from nearly 200 medical centers, evaluating patient safety, infection prevention and adequacy of nurse staffing among other measures.
(© The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia)
Each hospital’s score also takes into account surveys of more than 11,000 pediatric specialists who are asked where they would send the sickest children in their specialty.
CHOP is also ranked highly for several pediatric specialties, as listed below:
- No. 1 Rankings Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology Pediatric Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- Pediatric Diabetes & Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology & GI Surgery
- No. 2 Rankings Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery Pediatric Pulmonology & Lung Surgery Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Pulmonology & Lung Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- No. 3 Rankings Neonatology Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- No. 4 Rankings Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Nephrology
- No. 7 Rankings Pediatric Cancer Pediatric Cardiology & Heart Surgery
- Pediatric Cancer
- Pediatric Cardiology & Heart Surgery