Christmas decorations may have sparked Ridley Township house fire

Crews were on the scene of a massive fire in Ridley Township on Tuesday morning.

The flames broke out around 8 a.m. on the 300 block of 7th Avenue.

7th Avenue fire in Ridley Township

Officials said a mother, father and son were able to safely evacuate. Their dog, Bella, was unable to escape and did not survive.

"Got halfway down the steps and smoke got me. I couldn't breathe. My son grabbed me and said you gotta get out of the house," George Toland said. 

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. Officials believe Christmas decorations are to blame. 

"The fire started on the first floor in the front window there were ornament trees, small ornamental trees in the window covered with Christmas lights," Ridley Township Fire Marshal Bob Griffith said.

This is an ongoing investigation.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family. If you wish to donate, please click here.


For the latest local news, sports and weather, download the FOX 29 News app.