PHILADELPHIA - Police are investigating after multiple shootings and stabbings across Philadelphia left at least six people dead and 19 others injured over Labor Day weekend.
Around 4:30 p.m. Sunday, 25-year-old Talisha McLeod was shot and killed in North Philadelphia. The incident occurred on the 2500 block of North Adler Street when McLeod was shot in the chest. She was rushed to Temple University Hospital, where she died a short time later.
A 25-year-old woman has died after being shot on the 2500 block of North Adler Street in North Philadelphia.
Another shooting in Southwest Philadelphia left a 28-year-old man dead around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. The victim, identified as Amin Abel Rodriguez Cedeno, was shot multiple times on the 7500 block of Brewster Avenue. At least 40 pieces of ballistic evidence were recovered from the scene.
Authorities described the suspect as a heavyset white male who is 6 feet tall and was wearing all black. The suspect reportedly fled in a red Nissan with a plastic bag covering the rear windshield.
Forty pieces of ballistic evidence were recovered from the scene of a Southwest Philadelphia shooting that left a 28-year-old man dead.
On Saturday morning, two men were killed and two others were injured after being shot in North Philadelphia. Police say 25-year-old Felix Moda-Montilla and 31-year-old Jeffrey Otero were both shot in the head on the 4600 block of North 4th Street. Both victims were transported to Temple University Hospital, where they succumbed to their injuries.
An 18-year-old man, who was also shot in the head, was hospitalized in critical condition. A 21-year-old who was shot in the leg is listed as stable.
Two men are dead and two others are injured following a quadruple shooting in North Philadelphia.
Shortly after 1:30 a.m., 32-year-old Christopher Williams was fatally shot while sitting inside a Jeep Cherokee in West Philadelphia. Police say the victim was shot four times on the 900 block of Fallon Street.
An hour earlier, a different shooting left one woman dead and another injured in Southwest Philadelphia. Both women were shot several times while sitting in a car on the 2900 block of South Robinson Street. Charnae Mercedes Smith, 23, succumbed to her injuries a short time later. The other woman, a 26-year-old, remains in critical condition.
A 24-year-old woman is dead and a 26-year-old woman is injured after a double shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
RELATED: 2 men killed, 2 injured in North Philadelphia shooting | Woman killed, another critical after being shot in car in Southwest Philadelphia | 9-year-old shot while playing outside in Southwest Philadelphia
On Friday night, a 9-year-old boy was playing outside in Southwest Philadelphia when he was shot. The incident occurred around 9:30 p.m. on the 5200 block of Upland Street. The victim was hospitalized in stable condition.
A 9-year-old boy was injured after being shot while playing outside in Southwest Philadelphia
Other victims of weekend violence included:
– a 19-year-old man who was critically injured after being shot in the back while riding a bike on the 1100 block of York Street in North Philadelphia;
– a 42-year-old man who was critically wounded after being shot in the back on the 3200 block of H Street in Kensington;
– a 19-year-old man who was critically injured after being shot five times while sitting inside a car on the 1400 block of West Lehigh Avenue in North Philadelphia;
– a 25-year-old man who was critically wounded after being stabbed multiple times by a known doer on the 2400 block of West Allegheny Avenue;
– a man in his 20s who was stabbed in the neck on the 2700 block of North Hemberger Street in North Philadelphia;
– a 28-year-old man who was shot in the leg on the 4900 block of Frankford Avenue in Frankford;
– a 36-year-old man who was shot in the foot on Wishart Street in North Philadelphia;
– a 38-year-old man who was shot in the ankle on the 2900 block of Morris Street in South Philadelphia;
– a 23-year-old man who was shot in the leg on the 2200 block of South 68th Street in Southwest Philadelphia;
– a 25-year-old man who was shot in the buttocks on the 2700 block of North Hope Street in North Philadelphia;
– a 24-year-old woman who was stabbed in the shoulder on the 100 block of North Dewey Street in West Philadelphia;
– a 30-year-old woman who was bitten on her left ear on the 100 block of North Dewey Street in West Philadelphia;
– a 25-year-old man who was shot in the abdomen on the 100 block of East Indiana Avenue in Kensington;
– and a 26-year-old man who was shot in the hand and foot on the 1400 block of North 22nd Street in North Philadelphia;
A 42-year-old man was critically wounded after being shot in the back in Kensington.
Authorities have yet to identify the deceased.
An arrest was made in connection with the stabbing on North Dewey Street as well as the stabbing on West Allegheny Aenue. Police are still searching for suspects in connection with the remaining incidents. These are ongoing investigations.
Tips can be submitted by calling 215-686-TIPS (8477) or texting PPD TIP (773847). Tips can also be submitted anonymously online. All tips are confidential.
For resources for victims of violence in Philadelphia, see here.