Residents displaced after carbon monoxide incident in Olney

Approximately 20 people have been forced to leave their homes in Olney after an apparent carbon monoxide incident.

Emergency crews responded to an alarm on the 5200 block of D Street around 12:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.

Authorities say there was a dangerous buildup of carbon monoxide after a generator was found running in the basement of a home on the street after a power outage.

Officials used fans and open windows to clear out the toxic fumes.